Thursday, March 31, 2005

Forgiveness

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
col. 3:12-14
as i grow older (and hopefully more mature) the importance of taking on these qualities becomes a need, and not just something i can 'work on'. (i don't want to count how many times i've used that phrase - i need to 'work on' this or that.) love can't happen with out compassion or kindness or humility or gentleness or patience. it just can't. and that is such a hard lesson for me.

i can work on all these qualities all i want, but until i allow Christ to move thru me with His love - all this 'working on' is meaningless - a chasing after the wind. and lack of these qualities comes down to my unwillingness to allow Christ to move mountains. so my struggle to see beyond the here and now, and to take on Christ's eternal perspective of people will only come to an end when i turn over my criticial and unyielding spirit. i yearn for love...but sometimes my discipline doesn't like the procress of surrendering to Jesus.

Holy Jesus,
i yearn to be more like You. i want to have Your qualities of love, humility, gentleness, compassion, kindness and patience, but i confess that i've failed to yield my critical spirit to You. so i surrender this negative outlook to You. this is a battle which You've already conquered, and so i'm a champion in a fight which continues to rage. You've paid the price and the deal is sealed. now i ask for You to fill me, Holy Spirit, with Your qualities. open my eyes that i may see people thru the same lens as You see them. and may You receive the praise for this transformation in me. thanks for guiding me closer to You thru this journey. i am homesick today, not to see my earthly parents, but to see my home in paradise where we can commune like never before. i desire You.

i know You've heard my prayers and requests for my brother, and i know in my heart that You've been with him thru this struggle. so i praise You for responding in Your time. You are excellent and great. and You are worthy to praise, forever and a day. You are so great. thanks for caring for derrick in Your perfect way. thanks for rescuing him from the depths of sin and death. thanks for releasing him from the sin which has entangled him. Your power is great and armored with strength.

1 comments:

Denise Hotze said...

nice reminder.