Friday, March 18, 2005

Be Peaceable

Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.
titus 3:1-2
i just had something happen at work which just got under my skin. working in an environment where i am the only female can be challenging.

this passage gets my mind off the reality of self, and see into the unseen which is eternal. (So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 4 Cor. 4:18) --learned that verse last night during our last crown bible study.)

this passages starts off w/ 'remind the people'. well, in order to not be hypocritical, then certainly we need to be the example of what we preach... this is where the trouble comes in. i need to be in the Word, finding what is says and carrying it out. no compromising. i need to be the one who submits to the government, to be obedient to the laws (includin the speed limit and allow the person on my right turn first), be ready to step up when i see something which needs to be accomplished, to hold my tongue and be in control of my thoughts at all times, put others interests before my own and peaceable, and to show true humility to all men. (for me the emphasis is on "men".)

i tend to be defensive around others who are demanding and controlling. i do not play with other who demand my attention...but i need to learn to. my spirit knows who i am, and my Spirit knows i need to change. so i'm stuck in this 'in-body battle'. it feels like the scene on the Looney Tunes when there is an angel on one shoulder telling me to do good, and the demon on the other shoulder is screaming to do the opposite. so i'm battling in my mind to be at peace, to submit and be obedient with a willing spirit.

Jesus,
You've been where i am. surely You were tempted to lash out against those who rose up against You. yet, You refrained. i pray for strenght and wisdom to refrain. to love those who persecute me and treat me unfairly. may You receive the glory for this change of heart. i can't change on my own, nor am i capable of loving those who are rude. Spirit, i know You desire me to be Christ-like...so i cry out to Your for help.

thanks for hearing my heart, for knowing my battle, for sustaining me thru this trial. You are surrounding me with Your love and understanding. Your grace covers me like waves of the ocean. thanks for divine grace. i love You.
in Jesus Name = Amen.


*Shottie *David *Sarah

1 comments:

Denise Hotze said...

your life is a looney tune! ha, ha.
praying that you can find a job that feels rewarding to you.