Monday, March 28, 2005

Rescued

So I greet you with the great words, grace and peace! We know the meaning of those words because Jesus Christ rescued us from this evil world we're in by offering himself as a sacrifice for our sins. God's plan is that we all experience that rescue. Glory to God forever! Oh, yes!
Gal. 1:3-5
last night before falling off to sleep i had some interesting thoughts. it's an analogy, i suppose. 'better to have 2 singed souls than only one unharmed and one lost.' let me attempt to explain.

in an effort to save lost souls from the raging fires of hell, we, Christians, need to be willing to get singed. we need to reach down into the pits of hell and latch a strong hold onto our unsaved friends. and in doing so we'll be singe along with them, but we'll both be rescued. if we never try, they may never be saved.

now i'm not saying that we are the ones who rescue them. God is the One, and only One, who saves. we can be the 'medium' for which God's saving grace flows. and i believe we are called to be singe.

so i ask myself, 'for whom have i been singed?' and 'whom am i being singed for?' and honestly, i'm not feeling much heat right now for anyone besides my brother and his girlfriend. i've heard that he is struggling to be made whole, and i pray that he finds the only One who can make that happen.

Jesus,
i praise You for Your saving grace. i rejoice in the way You've opened my heart to know You. and because i know this wonderful love, i beg You to let my brother know Your love, healing and forgiveness. may You rescue him from the pits; please don't let him get burned any longer. he needs You so bad, Jesus. as tears fill my eyes, i fall on knees, begging for Your mercy.

You are able to save, and You are willing to save. You are God of this universe, and Lord over all mandkind. Your kingdom is forever and You reign from the highest heavens. You've heard my prayers and intercession, and i know You've prayed with me. thanks for caring and loving us, even though You know all our shortcomings. You are amazing. i love You, and praise You for moving in Derrick's life. i know that You've protected him from so much evil, and i know that You are present in his life, just as You are in mine. Your blood is sufficient for all our sin; nothing more needs to be done.

as i go, i'm filled with comfort, knowing You are at work. You long for Derrick's heart to be captured by Your love even more than i do. and that gives me great comfort. thanks.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen.
*Derrick *Deb *Wendell

3 comments:

Denise Hotze said...

i guess i understand the jist of your post, having a burden for the lost. just not sure of the 'singed for others' explanation.

Anonymous said...

I completly get it. I am touched by the passion in which you pray for your brother. It's very reminiscent to me. It's actually part of my witness. My brother was so so lost he was not recognizable on any level. I never knew fervant prayer until then. Amazing grace!! In the process we were both singed, scarred and healed. Many people were. It got very warm! 7 years later the burns remain, the scars continue to fade and the triumph of the Lord remains! Praise God! I'll be praying hard for Derrick and you.

Anonymous said...

I, too, completely understand your "singed for others" analogy. I've been there, in the pit. I was singed, but God is awesome. Do not give up. Be patient. I will pray for your brother and your family.