Friday, March 11, 2005

Closeness of God

"Am I only a God nearby," declares the LORD , "and not a God far away?"
jer.23:23

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
psalm 139:7-10

rob bell. have any of you ever heard rob bell give a message? click here to listen. i enjoy his preaching style. i've seen him give 2 messages, and both times i left pondering what he had said.

so i was listening to the message about Teenage Liberation. and my thots drifted to thinking, 'where is God?', 'if God is present, why is all this misery happening?', 'how powerful is He?', etc. good questions... and He will answer all my questions (and He is the only One who gets me).

Jesus,
You are above all things - You are involved in history. You desire to be active in our lives - communicating Your heart to us. You are blessed above all.
tho i have many questions, You calm my cares and allow me to rest in You. You take me by the hand and sing Your love over me. then i'm changed - my fears are calmed and my heart is at peace. that comes only from You. You fill the hungry with good things. I am hungry for more of You.
in Your name - Amen

0 comments: