Friday, August 01, 2003

Armor and Prayer



Ephesians 6...what a chapter of the Bible. it's full of wisdom and understanding about spiritual warfare. as i dig deeper into the Christian life i'm drawn to the realization that God has given me abilities to break strongholds. not only has He given me the ability, but He is empowering me with the wisdom on how to use the "weapons".

we are on earth to worship God, and that also means serving Him. i believe this was Jesus mission: "to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness." {Is. 42:6b-7} shouldn't our mission, our duty, be similar to that of Christ?

Paul says this, "we have the power to demolish strongholds." {2 Cor. 10:4} my passion is to see those living in spiritual darkness to be made new in the Light. i desire for the youth of today to be touch to Master's hand. i seek to know how i can be part of this wonderful plan. and only through the Bible am i able to understand God and the way He uses His people to perform His plans.

if only i could fully understand that my struggle is not against man, but against the spiritual forces in the heavenly realm. and that the God whom i serve is able to use me to set the captives free. i get frustrated at times when i don't see lives changed. but my power is this, "And PRAY in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. with this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." {eph. 6:18} when i begin to pray (in the Spirit ) for my friends and this world, God will do mighty things. this is my hope.

Mighty Father,
You are able to do immeasurably more than i can ask or imagine. You've told me that my battle isn't against flesh, but against spiritual forces. You want me to pray, for the release of captives. You desire for me to get on my knees, and cry out to You for help. so why am i so scared to do this? or why do i not put any effort into it? i trust that You are renewing my mind by Your Spirit. may You move me to bend my knees, to get up early, so that You can move through this generation. may Your Name be made great through these prayers. thanks for desiring me to communicate with You. i love You, Jesus. may You fight with Your power for the lives of the members at St. Paul. renew us through the blood of the Lamb. don't let us be dull. awaken our lazy hearts so that we can know You.
In Jesus's Powerful Name ~ Amen!

0 comments: