Monday, August 04, 2003

Ultimately God


this morning my mind is running in about 400,000,000,000 different directions. i'm just going to jot down some of my thoughts, though they all add up to the title.

i am too quick to tell others my thoughts - what i believe is right. i'm praying for, and working for a change in this area.

if only i could be more in tune w/ God and the way He works, then i would have much less crisis in my life.

well planned, but not well prayed events often fail.

a ministry cannot exist with only one leader.

i need some grace in the listening department.

young children need to be shown love so that they'll understand how to love.

lead by serving.

don't be afraid to be humbled; expect it.

when i want to spout out everything thought in my mind, i should zip my lip and crave for God to speak to me. His words mean so much more than all my complaining, rambling, and grumbling.

and finally, i found this quote this morning.
"The most important aspect of Christianity is not the work we do, but the relationship we maintain and the surrounding influence and qualities produced by that relationship. That is all God asks us to give our attentions to, and it is the one thing that is continually under attack."
~~Oswald Chambers, Utmost for His Highest.

Gracious Father,
i want to be in tune with You. i want to love others the way You love me. but i know that i can not do any of this without being emptied of myself and filled with You. by Your strength i kneel before Your throne of grace and pour out my life. forgive me, for my tongue has again started a forest on fire. i am nothing without You. i can't even survive one second without Your air filling my lungs. Jesus, come and make me whole. let my heart be filled with Your love. Spirit, commune with me, fill me, mold me, make me useful for Your purpose. i quiet my soul so i can learn from You. Speak to me, Lord, for this child is now listening.
In Christ's Name ~ Amen.

0 comments: