Monday, July 14, 2003

Living by Truth


"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." {John 14:6}

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day." {John 6:44}

"And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of all that He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

it seems so simple when reading the Bible to understand that Jesus is the only way to heaven, to happiness, to joy, to hope, to fulfillment, to satisfaction, etc. but when someone argues with that Fact, it's much more difficult to defend my stand on the Truth which i base my life.

i believe that Jesus is the only way, and be it harsh that He picks and chooses who will be in heaven...but this is the Truth which i believe. i also believe that He gives us all free choice to decided whether or or not we will believe Him and His Truth. i also believe that he spent His life building the trust of 12 men so that they could carry on His message of forgiveness and hope. i believe we as Christians are called to witness and proclaim the Truth to everyone, including those in foreign countries {Matt. 28:18-20}. this is Jesus example - He didn't stay in one part of the country. i believe He desires us to pray for workers to be equipped and sent out so that others can hear the Good News. {Matt 9:37-38} i believe Jesus.

Jesus, my hope is in You. by Your mercy, may You continue to answer my many questions. Only in You am i satisfied and fulfilled. You are my joy and my delight. May You build up members of Your family to be equipped to proclaim Your Gospel. may Your hand be upon me as this servant lives to witness for You.

thru the Redemptive Blood of Jesus ~Amen

0 comments: