Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Know God's Word {Voice}


i have to admit that often i read my Bible in order to fix me. i know that sounds odd, but it's the truth. there are so many ways which i don't measure up to what God wants me to do. i know i'll be reprimanded when i open up my Bible. so i slide into legalism without fully understanding it.

i'm only beginning to understand that God speaks thru the Bible. actually the Bible is the very words of God. doesn't it seem strange that we have the word of God (He who create the heavens and the earth and all that is in it), and yet we have some many questions? i forget sometimes when i read the Word of God that He's a loving God, full of transforming power to rescue me from contradicting what is intended for my life. He's given me a Spirit which desire to do what God longs for. and this Spirit intercedes for me. and He reveals the Word of God to me so that i may understand it, and may succeed (by His strength) to accomplish it.

when i begin to think that i can't do what God expects of me, i've already fallen into legalism. it's true that on my own i can't please God. Galatians 5:17-18 speak of this exact thougtht. "For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law." so i guess i need more wisdom about how the Spirit frees us for the law, which is where all those "laws" come from.

Holy Spirit, come into my life with more fullness. reveal the words of God to me so that i may understand. Spirit, please continue to transform me from the inside out. let my motive be in check with Yours. Always help me to read the Scripture under Your supervision, not my own feeble understanding of how to respond. Only You can change me heart so that it obeys the Word.
In Christ's Name ~ Amen

0 comments: