Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Less of Me


He must become greater; I must become less.
John 3:30

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
Galatians 2:20

I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.
John 11:25

"It would be better for me to die than to live."

~Jonah

last night before i fell asleep i was reading about John the Baptist and his disciples. did you know he had disciples? anyway, they were upset because many people were being baptized by Jesus instead of them and John. John response to them by saying "He (Jesus) must become greater; i must become less." that same attitude should resound through every member of my being at any given moment of any day.... there's a challenge and a half.

so today i'm scrutinizing my life and it's many facets. i want to amplify my willingness for Jesus to reign in my life. it's easy to say that He has control over ever part of my heart, but it's a different story when reality hits.

Jesus, just as Jonah said, "it would be better for me to die than to live," so i too want to die so that i can live in You. let my heart be quick to surrender towards Your ruling. i trust that You are stirring in life to do wonderful things. let me focus on those instead of my selfish ambition. Spirit, awaken me to hark Your call. i open myself to You; quicken my heart to know Your heart. my hope is in You. may You truly become greater and i become less.
In Jesus' Name! ~Amen

0 comments: