Wednesday, July 19, 2006

where's hope?

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
lam. 3.21-26
last sunday's message was about hope. what i got from it was about how our hope lies in Jesus Christ, and that hope gives us strength to persevere. and this perseverance isn't only for our benefit, but for the benefit of others who should to know Hope. last night i attended 7:22. (go there and watch it!) the message was about being light to the world which will cause others to desire to know the Light. seems to be a connection: to know this Hope and Light.

Louie Giglio is a gifted, godly speaker. it's amazing how God uses Louie to speak truth into a thristy generation. and it's even more amazing how those who are thristy are filled when God moves. last night was a perfect example. louie began with the scripture, lev. 19.1-2, "The Lord said to Moses, "Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: 'Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy." somehow from there he launched into eph. 5:8-9, "Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth)." from an illustration of being whole to a lamp shining in the darkness, God moved thru the Church last night.

after the service, shottie and i had a good conversation. it was refreshing to re-connnect with her. i chalk the credit to Jesus for this refreshment. it's good to have friends, especially those who can relay their thoughts of what God is doing in their lives. that encourages my heart, along with my drive to shine more light.

Jesus
my thought are all over this place today. thanks for giving me these few minutes to focus on You. You are holy, and i desire that holiness. show me where i'm messing up. guide me into a deeper whole-ness. let my life be light in the darkness, just like the lamp on the stand. help me to get away from the bowl. You are the hope of glory and the light that shines in the darkness. in You there is no darkness, for darkness is as light to You. expose the deeds of darkness in my life - help me to confess to my friends for support. as i wait for Your salvation, have me always remember that You are compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in love.
in Jesus' holy Name ~ Amen
*Philip *Donna *Louie

0 comments: