Saturday, July 08, 2006

Binding the Word

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
deut. 11.18-19
back on the bandwagon... of memorizing the Word. this is one of those disciplines which comes and goes for me. for awhile, i'll be very disciplined and memorize each day. but then something comes along which looks more entertaining, perhaps less challenging and i'll fall away. and then like an alarm clock, i'll be reminded of how i miss it, and how i love it when my thoughts focus on the words of life. so i'm currently at the point where my heart is longing to memorize again. so i'm going to begin by refreshing the verses and chapters which are already in my mind and heart: Psalm 139, 19, and 51. then i'll move on. i would really like to one day memorize colossians, but that's a ways down the trail.

Jesus,
again my heart is missing something; missing the closeness of having Your truth run thru my mind. i confess that i've fallen from this discipline. thanks for drawing this to my attention, and for giving me the perseverance to open my mind and heart to listen intently to Your Word. i can hear my professor from college say there are ways get into Your Word: hear, read, study, memorize, meditate. forgive me for falling away. i long to be near again. i trust that Your grace is sufficient, and You'll be my stamina to draw from the well, even when my feelings do not desire it. Your death on the cross made a way for us to connect intimately, and i want to be close with You. thanks for loving me enough to take my place.
thru Jesus'
*Denise *kevin *Philip

0 comments: