Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Waiting in Expectation

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
psalm 5.3

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
psalm 37.7

If you remain in Me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
john 15.7

i want some answers. i want to see some things change. i want some direction. i want to know this "energy, which so powerfully works in me" (col. 1:29). i want to see people come to know Jesus as their savior, life coach, redeemer, and friend. i want children in foreign countries to have enough food and water to sustain them. i want our ad council to be on fire for Jesus, and to take risks - to move from worrying about if we have enough money to challenging God to move on behalf of the poor and needy in pickens county. i want many things.

so what sacrifice am i willing to make in order for these things to come to pass? that is the question in my heart these days. what am i willing to do in order for others to know Jesus? when will i tell others of the life God has breathed into me? am i willing to give up food? am i willing to reach out to the needy, offering my time, talents and money? am i willing to find someone who needs to be loved? am i willing to speak up in a crowd? am i giving all i have to give on behalf of others? am i storing up things for myself on earth or in heaven? am i still enough to hear Jesus calling me from ordinary living into a life which takes risks? are my requests to God self-centered? am i living out purpose or lacking purpose? how is it that a precious flower can give me so much joy and a heart filled with gratitude?

Father,
i'm seeking You. You hold time in Your hand. You allow flowers to spring from the earth to give You glory and praise. let me do the same; let my heart resound with 'amens' and 'hallelujahs'. for my brother, i ask for redemption. for my parents, i request peace. for denise, humility. for shottie, wisdom. for brandon, compassion. for steven, self-control. for jerry, strenght. for tricia, truth. for juanita, patience. for patsy, gentleness. for amanda, hope. for kevin, perseverance. for cindy, love. for becca, knowledge. for glenn, will-power. for valerie, kindness.
Thru Jesus my requests are made known ~ Amen.
*Derrick *Marcus *Derek

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want those things too. i also find myself wondering how in the world to get to this new place. i feel too stupid to live this way. like i don't understand how to make it happen. more than anything i want to make changes, but i don't even know how to go about it. and i guess changes just have to happen in small ways, but it's all so overwhelming. i feel like i'm in this being fed stage and i keep reading and gathering and learning, but i'm not really doing anything about it. i don't even know where to start.