Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Food


The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time.
Ps. 145:15

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'
Matt. 4:4

"My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
John 4:34
so often i mention that i am hungry, but it's not in the sense in living on God's word. my physical needs have convinced my mind that i need some nutrition. i'm just wondering if there will ever be a time in my life when my spiritual hunger pains will kick in and it will convince my heart that i need to feast on God for awhile.

in the psalm passage, the people sought the Lord first, and He supplied them with their physical needs in due time. Jesus quoted scripture from the book of deutoronomy which confirmed that we don't live on bread alone - (we are more than carnal people.) then Jesus went on to say that He survived by doing the work His Father had set out before Him. is that what i believe? do i believe that i live to do the purpose God has for me, or am i still trusting in my strength to get thru life?

Father,
i come to You humbly. i allow my stomach to speak much to clearly to my mind. i pray that when my physical needs flare up, that i would think to thank You for calling me to serve You, that i would praise You for giving me Your Spirit to sustain me, that i have Your Word to live by, that You've blessed me beyond imagine. i love You, Jesus. please forgive me for being selfish. it is for Your sake that i survive. only in You is my life complete. You are my All in all, and King of all my kings. let my life be a fragrant offering, pleasing and acceptable in Your sight.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!
*Kay *Herschel * David

0 comments: