Monday, December 08, 2003

Exaltation

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
Psalm 145:1-5
this weekend has been an interesting one. my roommates left on Thursday to begin a 10 day vacation, so i assumed my apartment would be pretty quiet this weekend. but i was delightfully wrong. amazing conversations occured with Jesus. it was as tho He kept wooing me into His presence. i could nearly hear Him speaking directly into my ears. when the people at church asked me if it was lonely around my place, i couldn't say 'yes'. i just kinda brushed off the question, b/c there wasn't the right words to answer.

Psalm 145 has been laid upon my heart, so i began a study of the words in it. i've never studied the Bible while having an dictionary open, but it's been wonderful. for instance: 'exalt' - to elevate by praise; to raise the intensity of. isn't it awesome to know that we are choosing to raise Jesus above ourselves when we praise Him....kind of like submitting in some ways. we are raising Christ's intensity when we praise Him. not that we could make Christ more - because He already is supreme, but that we are raising our awareness of Him. We are focusing on Him, not on ourselves. that is worship!

or how about verse 5. 'glorious' - delightful. 'splendor' - magnificent display. 'majesty' - God's supreme power. so paraphrased it is saying, 'we will speak of the delightful, magnificent display of God's power.' how cool is that? we are a people who need to testify of the greatness of God. that's awesome! i'm just loving this word study.

anyway, if your Bible reading is a little dull, perhaps it would help to pick up a dictionary. i didn't think it would be 'fun', but it has turned out to be quite the adventure.

hey Jesus,
thanks for hanging out with me all weekend. i want to praise You for wooing me into your presence all weekend. thanks for opening my heart to receive Your awesome friendship. it rocks! i praise You for this renewal of heart and soul. and thanks for allowing denise and steven to relax and enjoy the time away from their jobs and the regular routine of life. thanks for their safe travels and rebuilt friendship.
in Jesus' name ~ Amen!
*stacy *brett *wang family

0 comments: