Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Comfort


May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.
Ps. 119:76

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
John 14:1

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
2 Cor. 1:3-5
i admit that i am a thinker, much more than a touchy-feeling type of person. i often loose track of how i am feeling, compared to what i am doing and the effect it will produce. i am this way too often w/ those around me too. i get so wrapped up in the way i'm acting or the way they are acting, that i forget to acknowledge what is the emotion behind that action. if someone is mad at me, then i must have done something wrong...instead of thinking that perhaps i simple haven't express love to them in non-verbal, non-physical ways. this is a major defect in my life.

a few nights ago i was up late praying about a certain situation. i knew my heart was troubled b/c my mind was racing a million miles a second. as i was praying i began to have my eyes open to my need to soften up. i had been doing the right things without much emotion, without my heart being involved. my mind was completely focused, but my emotions where hiding. God comforted my fears, my heart and my mind. He intervened in a way which has impacted my life. he met me in my room, while sitting on the floor. His loving arms wrapped around me; His Spirit made His dwelling in my heart. and i worshipped Him at that point like i've not experienced in a long time.

i'm learning that even a servant needs to quiet themselves and worship. during our normal services at my church, i am somehow involved in service - anything from running the sound board to the audio video equipment - to looking after the youth who are ushering - to being over zealous about not allow any visitors leave without getting to meet someone personally. seldom do i enter into the sanctuary with my heart set on listening and worshipping God alone. lately my motta has been: gotta move, gotta move, gotta move! and Jesus is saying, "what about Me? when do you truly worship Me? when do you have your heart, mind and soul set on Me? when do you, tanya, allow Me to comfort you? why do you keep thinking that you are loving Me when you don't even think to woship me? don't you know that I love you, and want you to spend time hanging out with Me?" so, i'm coming down from my high horse - and learning to worship with my heart, soul and mind.

Holy Comforter,
i enter into Your presence with a changed heart. You've renewed my mind, my heart and my soul to worship You with an awareness of Your greatness. i love the way You love me. You are excellent and praise-worthy. please forgive me for my arrogance. i've been praying to be humble... and i know You are teaching me in the way of Truth. thanks for giving me this understanding of worship. i love You with my heart, Jesus. You are my all in all.
in Your amazing name ~ Amen!
*Debra *Wendell *Summer


0 comments: