Friday, December 05, 2003

Effective Witness


Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD ; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Ps. 37:4-6

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
2 Pet. 1:5-9
often i find myself praying that i may be effective in my witness to others around me. i pray that the light in me will shine thru my actions, so others can come to know Christ thru my life. i've never before put it together that when i commit my way to Christ and trust in Him, He will let my light shine before men. He promises to let my justice shine like the noonday sun, which down here in Atlanta can be quite bright - giving off much warmth.

but not only am i to believe in Him, but i am to express goodness, gain a deeper understanding of the Holy One, pursue self-control, seek perseverance, live a godly life, display brotherly kindness, and most importantly, love others as Christ loves me. that all being said, it seems like a stiff order to live up to. oh how blessed i am that the Holy Spirit resides in me, giving me His fruit that i may live as Christ to those whom i come into contact.

i've been reading Purpose Driven Life. i'm only on day 8, but i can already see a change in my attitude. in every decision i have to make - from vacuuming the youth room because the janitor didn't to deciding when to use the restroom - i have opportunty to do all these activities with a heart of worship. i can choose to be negative, criticizing the janitor, complaining to others about it, or i can simply willfully accept the task which has been given me. living in a attitude of worship - continually conversing with my Savior all day long - is making an impact on the way i think about everything. gotta love having the ability to converse with Jesus all day long!

hey Jesus,
today is great day. thanks for hanging out with me. thanks for allowing me to talk with You - what an honor. i am so glad you've called me by name, and have opened a way for me to be rescued from the chains for slavery to sin. Your grace is amazing. i love You. will You come with as i finish my day at work? thanks for making opportunites for my light to shine in the darkness. thanks for motiviting me to worship You thru acts of service. it is a blessing to be able to share my gifts with others.
in Jesus' name ~ Amen!
*Jeff's Mom *derrick

0 comments: