Thursday, June 15, 2006

Combining Worship

In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance."
Isaiah 19.23-25
so i'm working my way thru isaiah. man, i love that book! the Jesus story, the fall of satan, the history of our Christian faith all rests in it. good stuff.

so this verse - about egypt, assyria and israel all being part of God's amazing plan - brings so much history together. normally i'm not a history buff, but to hear that egypt - the land where moses was enslaved by pharoah will be a blessing is beyond me. and to hear that assyria which includes nineveh (the terrible people from whom jonah was running) will be included in being a blessing - that's beyond me too. and not just that - but that israel will be third in line. israel, the gaza strip, and all the fighting going on there will be a blessing? that is beyond me.

the more i think about it... the more it concerns me. because these verses speak of egypt (in africa) and assyria (syria/iraq/turkey) will have a highway connecting them. well, israel seems to be in the middle. no wonder there is much fighting going on there.

religion stats for israel: Jewish 76.5%, Muslim 15.9%.
for syria: Sunni Muslim 74%, Alawite, Druze, and other Muslim sects 16%
for egypt: Muslim (mostly Sunni) 90%, Coptic 9%

Most Gracious God,
You are the original blesser. and even today You are the One who pours out so much blessing that we don't have room enough for it. Your word has many mysteries to me. i see in part - but someday i will see full, even as i am fully know by You. and this road that leads from egypt to syria will be one of worship - that will be an amazing day. so i think about the roads i travel on to work, to play, to south dakota . . . are they roads of blessing or curses. i pray that where i travel i may be a blessing to those whom You place in my path. may You use me as an instrument of Your love. may these roads before me lead me deeper into our relationship. i seek to know You more.
by Jesus ~ amen.
*kerri *President Mohammed Hosni Mubarak *philip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder what it would take for you to blog on an almost daily basis.

tanya said...

time. a whole lotta time.

Anonymous said...

you have more time than you need. that's no excuse.