Thursday, June 22, 2006

Blogs

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
isaiah 43.19
so what is it that draws readers towards blogs? what blogs do you find yourself returning to, day after day in hopes that the writer will update?

for me, its constantly getting into the lives of people. finding out what makes them tick. (perhaps i should've pursued sociology or psychology!) i love reading life happenings, which seem ordinary to them, but to me they seem extraordinary. like the little things - those people who can constantly see God moving in their lives - drawing them from regular life to do amazing feats. those who hear God's voice, recognize His promptings, and respond with abandon. and they update nearly everyday. that's amazing to me.

i also tend to read people's blog who are struggling w/ life. not sure if that's a woman thing, or if i'm naturally drawn to the downtrodden. looking back, most of my friends from high school needed help - and that's how i became their friends. i responded. curious to know what that says about me?

the sinful side of me falls into the temptation of reading blogs which tell of a wild child's life. some people are just a mess and they love it. some are bi-sexual and tell freely of their desires. some are married and tell of their messy families. many are non-Christian and freely proclaim that.

so i guess that blogs that draw me the most are people who share life with the world. they are the ones who update consistantly about the ridiculous things of life. the ones who can express themselves via a keyboard. the ones who look deeper than surface level - to find who they are and how they are most satisfied with their lives. for me, i find who am i thru the words of Christ. tho my blog is lame with devotions, that's who i am - or who i aspire to be - or where i find i'm most satisfied. since i don't have a husband or kids - or am sexually active - or jobless - or in a band - or cuss - or an alcoholic... all that doesn't matter. i'm me. and other bloggers are themselves, too.

so thanks to readers who link to this site from yours. thanks for being real.

jesus,
what a strange time - when people connect more thru the net than in real person. God, you know my heart - and you know there are times when i desire to have more friends to hang out with. but then there are times, when i'm reminded that You've blessed me with some pretty incredible friends. i chalk up to You my praise for my friends. tho i may struggle at times to be single, i trust that You are my Friend in all situations. You know when i sit and when i rise - when i go out and when i lay down. You're familiar with all my ways. that's inspiring! tho my heart may not always be content to be single, i lay down these feelings to you. thanks for reminding me this morning that Your unfailing love will sustain me. and that Your plans are best for me. so if you have a spouse for me, help me seek You for patience and wisdom. and if not, i will always trust You as my Husband - the one who purchased me at a price, but not one that money could afford. thanks for my 'net friends who don't even know that i read their blog, but still i talk with You about them all the same. may You fill the brokenness some of my close friends are feeling. may Your unfailing love embrace them - and quench the desires of their hearts. may they seek Truth, instead of instant gratification. may their hearts blaze when they enter Your presence. may You awaken our passion to find You, our first love. tho my words fail, i trust that You hear my heart's cry.
thru Jesus ~ Amen
*misty *susan *kevin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so it makes you sinful to enjoy those kinds of blogs?

i think you just read mine cuz you're required. i wish i could offer more content on my blog. i'm pretty much content-less.

Ganns said...

I have never regretted linking up with you, T. :)

Be superblessed.

Erin said...

Perhaps you are drawn because you have the gift of encouragement? Or perhaps because of your gift of discernment...

You bring Christ with you wherever you go.

Thanks for stopping by my place :)