Thursday, March 16, 2006

Knee Pains

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
heb 12.7

Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
heb 12.10-11

Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.
heb 12.12

so yesterday my knee started hurting. if i straightened it and placed any pressure on it, it would shoot throbbing pains up my leg. so walking was a real pain. (denise so lovingly continued to call me 'limpy' all night.)gotta love having roommates!

so before i went to bed last night i grabbed my bible. i had been thinking of the verse about Jesus being the author and perfector of our faith all day yesterday, so i opened the old good book to hebrews 12. and lo and behold in chapter 12 it speaks of hardship as discipine from the Lord. how ironic is that...? and then it goes on to say 'strengthen your weak knees'. so it was good reading. good for the soul and the knee.

i have this 'pact' with God when i have pains in my body. instead of praying about my pains, i pray for others who are struggling w/ the same issue. and that tactic often seems to take away my pain, or it brings me some peace at least. so last night i was intensely praying for those who struggle with knee issues.

so back on topic... this discipline from the Lord can come in different ways. suffering and pain - hardship - whatever. the SLR speaker this year focusing on embracing interruptions. and surely God couldn't have 'disciplined' me at a better time, driving home this lesson about embracing interruptions. so i go limping along and praying for others. by the grace of God go i.

amazing Father,
tho no discipine seems pleasant at the time, i'm grateful that You treat me as a child. i'm grateful for this time while You've drawn me closer to You

0 comments: