Sunday, January 01, 2006

"This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the Lord. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the Lord. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."
Jer. 31:33-34

i wait with eager anticipation for the day when all will know Jesus. won't that be a wonderful day? this is mostly how i'm feeling right now... 'God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.' - Psalm 63:1 so this time when every one will know Jesus is sounding pretty amazing! a great way to begin a new year - longing after Jesus.

tho all may not know Jesus, i trust this new covenant began when He was born on earth. i trust that He has put His law in my mind and on my heart. by having His word in my heart - thru memorization, reading His Word, and the Holy Spirit, i know it - and I'm learning to know Him more. that is my heart's desire, as it has been fore years.

i've been trying to formulate a new year's resolution, but i'm struggling with it. as super wa mentioned this morning, 'i haven't had enough quietness to think of a resolution'. so this week, i'm spending moments in calm quietness - meditation and reflection. for sure i want to get back into the 'habit' of going to the gym and healthier eating. (i have a wedding in may to attend - always a bridesmaid, never a bride.)

How awesome it is, Father, to begin anew. Your gentle embrace draws me in like the warming of the seasons. my heart is awake and alert - longing for more of You. 'expecting much' seems to be my phrase for the upcoming year. where are you going to conquer battles which satan has held for so long? where are you going to blow me away with miracles? what wisdom are you going to bestow upon me this year? what new births are your going to create? who is going to accept You as their Lord this year? what ways are You going to challenge me to be more bold for You? who are You going to call to abide in Heaven this year? where will my heart be broke? where will You lead me to trust You? --oh so many questions... truly i am looking forward to seeing You move and knowing You more deeply thru the upcoming 12 months. "Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is Yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; You are exalted as head over all.' 1 Chron. 29:11. Amen.

*Derrick *Kimberly *Denise

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, it's impossible for you to seek quietness.
perhaps your resolution should be to start watching more tbn!