Friday, January 06, 2006

Expecting Much

Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.
Prov. 6.34

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Psalm 5.3

i have to give props to denise for the title. she uses this phrase periodically, and it's catchy! and i sense this is what God is laying on my heart for this new year. 'Expecting Much'. there's just a ring to it.

i was reading the Word this morning, and came across this verse in proverbs. can't you sense the wonder in the air - about being active in listening for the voice of God, and watching every day at the doors of heaven, and waiting eagerly at His door. it just sends a shiver over my body - seeking God is exciting... or at least i think i should be.

it's interesting this is what was laid on my heart first thing this morning. and this is why it is interesting: because 2 fellow employees have been laid off today. the entire office staff is tense; so tense you can feel it in the air. and yet i am pressed to expect much. it is quite a mix of thoughts/emotions. tho i've mentioned to shottie about my lack of job security.. it just doesn't seem right that others were let go and i remain. but i am grateful, and continue to seek His face about a career.

Dearest Lord Jesus,
it is a stir of emotion here today. let Your consistancy effect me. let this belief which You've given me strengthen my heart, since it trembles like a leaf. as Rich sings, 'hold my Jesus...' truly You are doing a new thing and a good thing. Your light radiates even in the midst of financial crisis/lack of security/unbelief. 'Yours is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is Yours. Yours, O Lord, is the Kingdom; You are exalted as head over all.' 1 chron. 29:11. thanks for allowing my strength to come for You - to source of living water.
tho i don't even know how to pray for my co-workers who have been told the news of being laid off, i trust that You know my heart. i want for them the best in life... and You know what's best. where there is insecurity, be secure. where there is anger, be peace. where there is questioning, be their answer. where there is brokenness, be the healer. may You be evident in this trial.
in Christ's Name ~ Amen
*Terry *Kim *Glenn *Ron

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

expecting anything lately? anything come of it?