Monday, September 25, 2006

I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
ps. 121:1-2

He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.
ps 107.29

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
ps 147.3

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
heb. 13.8

I Will Lift My Eyes
Written by Bebo Norman and Jason Ingram


God, my God, I cry out
Your beloved needs You now
God, be near, calm my fear
And take my doubt


Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in


I will lift my eyes to the Maker
Of the mountains I can’t climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
Of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
Of the hurt I hold inside
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You

God, my God, let Mercy sing
Her melody over me
God, right here all I bring
Is all of me


‘Cause You are and You were and You will be forever
The Lover I need to save me
‘Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God
So hold me now

shottie introduced me to this song yesterday. it's pretty much rocking my world.

this verse sums up how i feel today:
"I cry out to you, O God, but you do not answer; I stand up, but you merely look at me." [job 30.20] it feels like i've made myself vulnerable before God, and all He is doing is standing there - staring at me. i'm uncomforable, trembling... but at least He hasn't looked away. our eyes are searing each other's souls and we both refuse to relinguish our gaze. neither of us are blinking. my eyes are burning from being dried out so long. how long will this last, my God?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i pretty much can't quit listening to this song.

Anonymous said...

242