Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Thoughts

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
col. 3:1-3

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
phil. 4:8

Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
rom. 13:14

ok, so i entered those verses above, and then sat staring at my monitor for about 5 minutes, pondering the sum of my thoughts. so it's time to jot down some of those thoughts. orginally i had thot about speaking of taking our thoughts captive (2 cor. 10:5). and how that is a powerful form of spiritual battle. how in the midst of our temptation struggles, we should force ourselves to think of Christ, and our death and resurrection in Him. (making it personal, i'm re-learning this stategy.)

then i jumped over to something i read the other day. a quote from chuck swindoll, "Life is 90 percent attitude and 10 percent what happens to you." the way we re-act to situations can change to direction of life.

then i jumped over to this series were are going thru with the jr. high at youth group. it's a study on the beattitudes. last weeks lesson was on being blessed when we are poor in spirit. i challenge you to ask a 6th grader what 'blessed' means. or ask them what "poor in spirit" means. you may be amazed at their definitions of these terms. i know i was.

so that's a brief tour thru my mind. random thoughts jumping from sermons to life experiences.

on a side note, irene has suggested this link. it's a bit disturbing - but very heartfelt. just warning there is some risque info on it. please read at your own risk.

Amazing Christ,
You perceive my thoughts; You know all about me. You're the One who searches me and knows me. i can't run or hide from You. nothing is hidden from Your site.

it still amazes me the way You use the Word to form truth in my life. as i turn to You for wisdom and guidance, You rain down Your righteousness in abundance. You fill my desires (ps. 145:16); You're my satisfier, my provider. so i give You my praise for hearing my prayers, for caring so lovingly, for carrying my burdens and healing my hurt. i love You so much, Father. thanks for being my Friend.

Father, You know all the concerns of my heart, and there are plenty. (new pastor and the flanders transition) (the family of dee and him beeson) (the frye's) (the visa situation and the china trip) (derrick) (ym of jumc) (ed's daughter) (recovery of jackie) (career path) (mission trip opportunity) (staff @ jumc) (hope's cruise and babysitting the kiddos) (SD trip?) oh so many others...

but all these are in Your care (and off my chest). i lay them down on Your altar. i can't change and heal and help any of these cares, but You can. You are able. and so i expect You to deal with them in Your incredible way of mercy and grace. thanks for letting me unbound my heart's desires to You.
in Jesus Name ~ Amen

*irene *tucker *isheanesu project

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your thots are always a bit challenging to follow. good to know there is One who understands your every thot.

Anonymous said...

I miss your updates. Are you ok? New job going well?