Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Seeking First

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
matt. 6:33

we are now out of the apartment in marietta and into the jasper mountain home, aka 'The Black Diamond'. the home is going to be adventure, ranging from 30 degree slopes to spiders, rodents and bears. i had a run in with a giant, hopping spider this morning, but he lost (his life).

and with all the moving choas, i admit i've not given much time to hanging out in Jesus' presence. and i can begin to tell that it's taking its toll on me. my nerves are easily frayed, and i even snapped at denise on several occasions and steven for doing something what was helpful. pand i'm sure that my body being tired, 5:30 am until 10:30 pm the last two days is a bit much. so this morning i woke in time to read 1 chapter - matt 6. it was a breath of fresh air! hour and fifteen minute drive to work this morning i could sense the my relationship with Jesus was being mended by those simple few minutes of Bible reading. i can sense that this morning i'm much more calm and sensible. 're-focused' may be a fitting term.

Jesus,
You are my Prince of Peace. You've entered my choas and offered peace, and i couldn't be more thankful. thanks for loving me so deeply. thanks for carrying my burden and giving me rest and strength. You are my Source when i am weak. forgive me for choosing to ignore Your Word these last few days. i know that only in You comes true peace and tranquility. thanks for returning me to the cross to see what You've been thru so that i may have peace and life abundantly. i know You're teaching me how to be still and trust in You. i love You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Kathy *Mom and Dad *Derrick

0 comments: