Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Reality Defined

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
john 16:13

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 cor. 5:17

I've been reading this book 'Jesus Life Coach' by laurie beth jones. so far i absolute love it. it has challenged me to dig deeper into the Word - figuring out what God has in store for me. no matter what the topic, laurie just puts it out there - and allows her reader to gnaw on the info at hand. i've pondered many topics under a new light. today's reading was about our reality and how Jesus gives us new terms. with all the 'reality' tv programs on the air these days - it's a wonder why we believe what we believe. for many of us, our lives are going down a regular path, and then comes Jesus. He tells us that our lives are changed - our hearts are made new and we are not longer who we think we are. it's amazing the power He bestows upon us when we relinquish our lives into His care.

Jesus,
thanks for coming into my life and giving me hope for the future. Your plans are wonderful; i praise You for calling me by name to be part of Your wonderful family. may You teach me the reality to which You've called me. i am submitting to Your will. let Your Word be truth in my heart.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Chad *Dan *Jimmy and the rest of 'The Common'

0 comments: