Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Love Without Stopping

Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions, give it all you've got, be resolute, and love without stopping.
1 cor. 16:13-14

"Teacher, which command in God's Law is the most important?" Jesus said, ""Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.' This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: "Love others as well as you love yourself.' These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."
matt. 22:36-40

often the message version of the Bible adds an intricate twist to the normal words which we know so well. these words are not just commands but stirrings in my heart, empowering me to go out of my way to share Jesus with others. the statement, 'give it all you've got!' just seems so real, so immediate, so demanding. i love that! often i need to hear something directly before i get it...this is one of those lessons.

while i was on vacation denise redecorated my room. it's wonderful, by the way. i have this cross hung in the center of one of my ways, and on it is inscribed these words, "love one another". that's a command - a mission statement - a reason worth dying for. Jesus chose to obey that command, even with blood pouring from his pores. this morning as i looked at this simple cross, something deep within me began to cause me to think of broken relationships, unforgiveness in my heart, resentment toward others. with those feelings toward others stored up in my heart, i can't really love the way Jesus loves... extravagantly! so, Jesus and i had a time of reflection and repentance first thing this morning. it was refreshing, revitalizing, worthwhile. my heart feels lighter and my mind is challenged to keep those thoughts of content out of my brain. forgiveness is a choice... not a feeling. it's good to be alive in Christ! i am free, but only because of the grace of God.

Jesus,
i love You. thanks for getting me out of bed this morning for our moments together. You have a way of transforming my heart into clay. You are amazing. i'm learning to love like You, but i'm struggling. i tend to hold hurt feelings in my heart far too long. Jesus, i continue to ask You to cleanse me of those those and feelings. let me reliquish them onto You. i trust that Your death on the cross was enough for me...more than enough. You've died so that i might live...and live abundantly. thanks for guiding me thru this challenge. thanks for transforming my heart into the person You desire. without You i can't change. i love You so much.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Herb *both Grandmas *Cheryl

0 comments: