Friday, April 30, 2004

Fit and Holy Temples

With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God.
2 cor. 7:1

been going to the gym lately. trying to get somewhat more fit and trim. so far i've gained 5 pounds. don't think that is the way it's supposed to go. hopefully this week i can 'trim' away some of what i've put on during my trips to exercise.

when i'm going thru different situations in my life, i try search the Word for verses which affirm why i'm doing what i'm doing. this is normally my pattern: find verses, memorize them, and continue to have them before me while going thru whatever situation. so, this is my new challenge to memorize this verse.

Father,
i know that You are helping me to be discplined about going to the gym and being active. i want to be fit for Your glory. i want to be a holy temple, inside and out. may You, Holy Spirit, continue Your transformation power within me. i praise You for changing me to be more like You. i love You.
In Jesus' Name ~ Amen!


*Lamoureaux's *Short's *Rob

0 comments: