Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Anticipation is building...

Can you feel it? Can you sense the anticipation building? I certainly do.


There's a prompting on my life to pounce on a new adventure. I can't avoid it. Seems like every article, blog, book, radio program, etc., that I pick up focuses on discovering what my  passions are and pursuing those passions. It's everywhere! Literally, everywhere. In the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep, I picked up a parenting book from John Maxwell from 1996 called Breakthrough Parenting. I only made it through page 33, but so far it's loud and clear that I need to keep learning. And to do that, I need to figure out what my passions are. (See the trend?)

So how does one figure out what he is passionate about? 
  • Listen to what you talk about the most
  • Look at your bank account to see where your money is going
  • Peruse your bookshelf to see what interests you have
  • Think about which websites you spend the most time
  • What would you really like to do in the next 5 years
  • If money was not an issue, where would you like to be
Check out this personality test: Keirsey Temperment Sorter or this career test: The MAPP Assessment


0 comments: