Saturday, October 01, 2005

Who's Great?

'O Sovereign Lord, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?'
Moses ~ deut. 3:24

'For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.'
Jesus ~ luke 22:27

when i woke up this morning, one of my first thoughts was how little time i've been spending in the presence of Jesus. perhaps i should have said, 'in the presence of Greatness'. as i think of the greatness of God, or in ways that Jesus serves me, i'm truly humbled that He would desire to call me into His likeness.

Charlie Hall has a song, psalm 126. check out that link to see all the lyrics. what great things can i attribute to God and no one else? how has He revealed His greatness to me? and another question: how has Jesus served me today? in today's society, we are taught (and commanded) to 'serve God', but this passage clearly says that He came to serve. i don't think i've ever thought of ways that Christ has served me. i think of ways that He 'blesses' me, but to think that Christ serves me is quite a different thought. use your imagination and envision Christ serving you. what image came to mind? to me, that image is pretty entertaining.

Jesus,
You have done great things for me. for You to serve me is a new thought, tho i should have known this all along. there is so much talk these days about doing great things for You that i forget to meditate on the great things You do for me. help me to learn from Your example. help me to take 'backseat middle' with joy, to give my offering with trust knowing You'll be honored, to surrender myself to the flames when they arise - for You've shown Yourself faithful in all these little things - and that makes You great. if lowering myself makes me like You, that so be it. and Amen.
*Jenna *Shelby *Devin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so u still aren't linking to anyone?

tanya said...

ok, already - adding the links.

Anonymous said...

wonderful. bout time. i was feeling diss'd. but now i feel un-diss'd.
who would name their kid sigmond?