Monday, October 03, 2005

Seasons

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 pet 5:10
personal restoration by Jesus. getting personal by making us strong, firm and steadfast. i want to experience that again. i have before, but i want to again. seems like it's been awhile since i felt this.

there are seasons in life; there are times of drought, times of plenty, times of rejoicing and mourning. lately it's felt like a drought, or the winter season when things seem dead and cold. i'm looking forward to a change in season. i can sense that a new thing is beginning. it may be a year, but i trust that a new season will come.

oh to be steadfast in the Lord, in my witness, in my boldness to share the gospel. 'steadfast' is one of those words that makes me think of my faith journey. i know some believers who i would consider steadfast - they inspire me to strive to know Christ more. and that knowledge of the Holy One leads to a faithful and steadfast believer.

hey Jesus,
You are the God of all grace. thanks for calling me to Your eternal glory. You tell us that if we believe in You we will suffer like You. and You promise to deliver us, restore us, and make us strong and steadfast. help me to know You more; open my heart to know Your voice. What are You trying to say to me? i quiet myself and wait for Your to speak.
in Jesus Name ~ Amen
*Sam *Lisa *Jack

3 comments:

Thomas Muse said...

I thought you might like to hear the words to a Water Deep song that I find encouraging.

You Have Redeemed My Soul
by Don Chaffer

You have redeemed my soul
From the pit of emptiness
You have redeemed my soul
From death (2x)

I was a hungry child
A dried up river
I was a burned out forest
And no one could do anything for me

But you put food in my body
Water in my dry bed
And to my blackened branches you brought the springtime rain of new life
And nothing is impossible for you

God Bless,
Thom

Anonymous said...

As I get older I have found that just when you think things are OK (or not OK), everything changes. Different outlooks, different problems, different everything, same God. Such an amazing journey.
BTW- isn't it time to update?

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, the concept of remaining steadfast is also a very recent and current prayer of mine. Perhaps we should converse on the topic sometime soon.