Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Peace

Look, there on the mountains, the feet of one who brings good news, who proclaims peace! Celebrate your festivals, O Judah, and fulfill your vows. No more will the wicked invade you; they will be completely destroyed.
Nahum 1:15

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27

Peace: freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions. that definition comes from the webster.com website. i truly wonder if that is the kind of peace Jesus was talking about when He mentioned that He was leaving us with peace? or i wonder of this is what was meant by the good news be proclaimed? and i wonder if i know that type of peace? do i truly experience this peace to which Jesus was talking about? i want to know/experience/possess this peace Jesus gives.

Jesus,
too often i chase unworthy thots around my mind. these thots are nonsense, useless, and often unbeneficial. lead me to this peace which You claim to provide. teach me to not allow my heart to be troubled and to not be afraid. i love You, Jesus.
In Jesus's Name ~ amen.
*Sam *Pam *Marissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps peace is the confidence of knowing that emmanuel is with us, even in the dentist chair.

Anonymous said...

aah-much better.