Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Immanuel

The Lord is with me; He is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies.
Ps. 118:7

The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call Him "Immanuel" —which means, "God with us."
Matt. 1:23

i'm only beginning to get how amazing/spectacular it is that God is with me. He is my Immanuel. the Creator of the world, the Word became flesh, the Judge of all mankind, is with me. He chooses to remain with me, to befriend me, to help me and guide me and console me. i've know this all along, but for some reason this understanding is rocking my world.

this verse in psalm about God being my helper and thru Him, i may look in triumph over my enemies. i've learn thru the years that the word 'enemy' doesn't only mean people who are against me. it also means spiritual forces against me. debt. negative attitudes. selfishness. pride. unforgiveness. and the reality that thru Christ alone am i able to triumph against these is absolutely mind boggling.

i've been thinking about my debt alot lately. trying to find ways to get out from under it's burden. wishing i was free of it, so could be pursuing a life in Zimbabwe. but i'm brought to the reality that this is where God wants me. His discipline can be hard to take, but i know that He is with me. He won't leave me or forsake me. He knows my struggle, my desires, my hopes and dreams. He is my helper, able to get me out of this mess. and so i rest in Him, trusting that he hears my cries for freedom. but i still pray that He will give me the courage to remain where He would have me. Thy will be done.

Jesus,
forgive me for complaining about how terrible i have it. i need to have a attitude adjustment. i see now that You are my helper. You've not abandoned me or forsaken me. You are with me, and that is more important than what i want. so i place my trust in You, surrendering my wants and desires for Your will. Jesus, open my heart to praise You for where i am, what i have, and who You are creating me to be. soften me, cleanse me, purify me so that all i am is all You are. i love You. may You give me the courage to be where You would have me.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen
*Lacey *Jason *Steven

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry i haven't commented, i'm just not used to visiting this site as often, due to the lack of updates in the past.
i guess it's good to know that God is with us in our debt and in our discipline and in our denist chairs and in our freedom and in our longings and the list goes on.

Anonymous said...

I read and use your blog faithfully as my online devotion- I really enjoy your insight into things. I also haven't visited/commented often lately due to lack of regular updates. I think Wa has beautiful prayers, also think Denise has such a natural way with words, but I must confess I have learned a lot about prayer thru reading yours- just have never "heard" yours. I know that God is with me here.
Miss you All.
PS: I can't navigate this black and white thing very well-can't ever find the scroll box.