Saturday, December 11, 2004

Peace: Where Is It?


He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be their peace.
mic. 4:5,6

For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.
eph. 2:14

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
is. 9:6

i've started something new - i've been studying different qualities of Christ, and examining myself to see if these same qualities are evident in my daily life. the current quality i'm studying is peace.

i'm working on being content while being patient. too often i am not at peace b/c of the busyness of my life. and when i have free time, i'm rushed to get other things accomplished. i'm a do-er and it's irritating and boring to just sit and be still. but i've found that stillness before my Christ is what brings abundant peace. and i'm slowing learning that He is my peace, even in the midst of storms and raging seas, too.

those are difficult lessons to learn. this quality may have to be studied for a very long time.

my Prince of Peace,
i come to You as one filled with busyness. i need You to be my peace. may my quietness before You be an avenue for which You can penetrate my life with Your being. i want to abide in You richly, and let Your word dwell in me. speak to me, Jesus, and open my ears and brain to new understandings of Your peace. i love You and desire to do Your will. may You reveal more of Yourself to me thru this advent season.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Derrick *Oliver *Sheila

0 comments: