Friday, December 17, 2004

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Josh. 1:8

Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.
Ps. 119:97

Life has been kinda crazy lately - running here and there, getting Christmas cards together, adjusting to a new cat, etc. the list could go on and on. and because i've been busy with all those activities, i've not had much time with Jesus. His word hasn't been my first thot in the morning or my last thot at night; all day long i've not meditated on it. and i'm feeling the effects.

the gartahotze's have been trying to get their lives together, but it seems to be a losing battle. and yet God has a way of reigning down His sovereignty in the midst of the havoc. 1st, i got a speeding ticket, and discovered that i needed to rely on His grace to get me thru. 2nd, denise's computer started acting up - not booting up - and she thot that she may have lost all her documents (but it kinda fixed itself after a visit to the computer clinic). and 3rd, steven told us last night that his Palm ran low on battery power, which means that the memory and all its info was reset to factory settings. even tho technology is so great and fabulous, it certainly doesn't compare to the power of Jesus Christ!

Jesus,
i know that You're presence with me and in me. thanks, Holy Spirit, for abiding in me, and for having me abide in the Father. it's amazing how Your grace works. and now that You've gotten my attention, i lay down my ways and agenda, and profess my reliance on You. You are the true source of power and strength for today. i love You. thanks for drawing me back.
in Jesus Name


*Derek *Ashley *Tom

1 comments:

Denise Hotze said...

great post and it's a good reminder for us all.