Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Enlightenment to the Eyes of my Heart

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.
eph. 1:17-19a

lately i've been struggling with knowing what to do with my life. currently i have a job which pays pretty well, but i'm moving 45 miles from it. so that means i'll be traveling 90 miles a day in order to work 6 hours. another thing, the job doesn't keep me busy all day long so i have some down time, which leads to thoughts to uselessness and boredom. i've been searching for a different job, but nothing has transpired so far. so that's a prayer request.

there are some other issues which i have to deal w/ in the near future and i'm needing some wisdom and knowledge greater than myself. i love how paul, the writer of the above scripture, requests God to offer His Spirit of wisdom and revelation - and that the eyes of our hearts may be enlightened so we can know the hope for which we've been called. in a nutshell that has been the prayer of my heart lately too. that i'll be enlightened - that He'll pour upon me the same Spirit of wisdom and knowledge - all so that i may know Him better and the plans He has for me.

Jesus -
my heart is heavy with requests, Friend. but before i beg You for what i think i need, i lay down my cares to You. i'm clinging to Your promises which say You'll never leave me or forsake me. You have perfect plans for me. You desire faithfulness and sacrifice, so i offer all of me for Your use. may this servant be useful for Your purposes. i don't want to be useless anymore. help me to be faithful in the little things. thanks for speaking to me thru my friends and those who care about me. You have an incredible way of supplying all my needs and i praise You for that. thanks for giving so faithful of Yourself. let me bless You in the same way.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Bill & Maria *Laura

0 comments: