Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Falling Facedown

Fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.
Lev. 9:24

Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the LORD appeared to them.
Num. 20:6

Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
eze. 1:28

When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.
Matt. 17:6

lately i've been hearing a great deal about people falling facedown. matt redman's new cd, called 'facedown', is wonderful. in my journey thru the Bible, i've made it to ezekiel, and he is falling facedown after seeing the glory of the Lord.

so i began to think if there has ever been a time in my life when i fell facedown. i remember several times when i was crying out to the Lord, interceding for either my needs or the needs of somebody else. but i can't recall a time when i fell facedown due to the glory of God. perhaps i'm not the only one.

Jesus,
i've been ushered into Your presence. may You fill me with Your Spirit, sensitizing me to see Your glory. i want to fall down before You, before Your awesome glory. let my eyes see You - to behold Your glory. i want to be near You. i want to know You more. Jesus, i trust that You are at work within me - transforming me to be more like You. i love You, Jesus. may my work be a blessing to You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen


*Derrick *Linda *Matt

0 comments: