Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Adulterous Hearts

Then in the nations where they have been carried captive, those who escape will remember me-how I have been grieved by their adulterous hearts, which have turned away from me, and by their eyes, which have lusted after their idols. They will loathe themselves for the evil they have done and for all their detestable practices.
ezekiel 6:9>

You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
james 4:4

in a Bible study i had in attended a few years ago, we studied the book of James. that was when i first put some thought into being an adulterous person. if i claim that Christ is my husband, my groom, and i turn my affection onto someone or something that is not Him, than i am truly an aduterous woman. and how often i fall into this trap. all those times when i chose to disobey His voice, and go on my own will instead of His...

and these verses remind me that God in all His sovereignty is greived by my adulterous heart which turns away in selfishness, trying to please my desires. i cause my loving Groom to suffer.

Jesus,
my Groom - my Lover. i am sorry for hurting You, for causing You such intense grief. my heart is ever wandering. Spirit, come into me, fill me so that i may live according to what You desire instead of this sinful nature. i desire to love You with a faithful heart. Jesus, i cling to Your cross, knowing the sacrifice You made in order for me to be part of Your family. Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging. You are passionate about pursuing me, and that's what i adore about You. You are my King, and i bow down in adoration of You.
in Jesus' Name ~ Amen.


*Cathy *Herb *Regina

0 comments: