Monday, January 01, 2024

2024: Starting Fresh

Starting 2024 with a new planner. It's basically a notebook which I'm modifying each week to be a planner. Trying to hold myself accountable... key word: trying. Began re-reading "Win The Day" by Mark Batterson. For 2024 one of my goals is to read a book a month; basically aiming for 15 minutes of reading a book per day. Might not sound very lofty, but it's better than not reading any books, right?

What are your goals for 2024?

Troy and Carson graciously put together my new desk this morning. It's one of those fancy electronic desk which allow me to stand or sit while I work. It's will be great, now that I'm working from home. Speaking of working from home, it has been a bit of a transition. Overall I am enjoying it. Usually I stay so busy that realistically I don't have time to think about being alone. Also, I'm on the phone with potential patients all day long. 

My thoughts today are circling around faith/hope/visualization are basically mind over matter. Learning how visualization can help overcome strongholds, setbacks, and hang ups. It's a new concept to visualize in my mind's eye evidence of events or results of things hoped for. Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." It's equipping ourselves to see what isn't there (yet), so that when it happens, we'll know with certainty that Christ made it happen. One step in the process of building faith.

0 comments: