Friday, June 05, 2020

4 Years: A Journey to Texas

What a trip! From the last post until now, let's take a little journey down memory lane. The Lord has a funny sense of humor. He basically sold our home in Woodstock, GA, within 24 hours. He opened the door for a great house in Burnet, TX, to be available for us at exactly the right time. It's been over 4 years now since we moved out west. Carson went from being a Kindergartner in Georgia to a mighty 5th grader in Texas. Our oldest joined the Air Force and our middle son joined the Marines. Troy and I recently celebrated 12 years of marriage. Troy reached the half of a century mark, both older boys are in their twenties, Carson is double digits, and I'm in my middle forties. If that isn't a strong dose of reality, I'm not sure what is?!?

It's sobering to realize how much can change in a few short years.

So many thoughts are crossing my mind as I reminisce.

But the main thought, "God is so good." He keeps leading us and providing for us so beautifully. He hasn't let us down, though I have fallen short more times than I care to recall. Reminds me of this quote from T. J. Addington,"Our life is a journey of shedding those things that are part of our sinful nature and adopting those things that are from God." We're all on the same journey.

Just today I was thinking about Joshua 1:9. The NIV says it like this: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." This would be my translation, "Hold on a minute. Haven't we gone over this already?" (That's when I look into His eyes, and He places His gentle hand on my shoulder.) "You ARE strong, and you ARE courageous. You don't need to be afraid, Tanya. Stop being discouraged. You know that I will be with you wherever you go. I got this. You can trust Me. Now, let's go."

0 comments: