Monday, December 12, 2005

Obedient Satisfaction

Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers righteousness on you.
Hosea 10:12

But you must return to your God; maintain love and justice, and wait for your God always.
Hosea 12:6

oh the great commands of Hosea: 'Sow', 'Reap', 'Break Up', 'Seek', 'Return', 'Maintain', and 'Wait'. all these commands demand some action, even waiting. i remember going thru a phase in my spiritual journey when i thot the Bible was a list of exhausting duties. do this, do that. but as i mature (a bit), i'm learning that obeying the commands is so much better than disobeying. there are blessings ('the blessing! - from christmas vacation!) which give joy. so in doing what is expected, a feeling of fulfillment satisfies my soul. this is a profound understanding for me. more often than not, i lack the feeling of my soul being satisfied. (aka - contentment) even if i weary myself in doing what is expected, my exhaustion is surrounded by a shower of righteousness. 'God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.' - John Piper.

Christ,
as the season of Your birth is upon me, i can sense a renewed passion to seek You. thanks for calling me to seek You, to place within me a desire to seek the real You. i give You praise and ascribe honor to Your name for the righteousness You shower upon me. how good it is to be in Your light. obedience brings about a righteous lifestyle... and only by Your grace am i made holy. Come, Holy Spirit, and sanctify this child. i want to know You more.
in Christ' Name ~ Amen.
*Gail *Susan *Devin

0 comments: