Saturday, June 11, 2005

Author of Life and Faith

'You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.'
Acts 3:15

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Heb. 12:2

Paul, being filled with the Holy Spirit, stood before the men who came running to hear the message (v. 11) and gave them a speech which was difficult to hear and hard to take to heart. he told them that they've killed the author of life. then he goes on to tell them that Christ came to turn these men from their evil ways. i recommend reading paul's message in acts 3:11 thru the end of the chapter.

when i read those words i could nearly hear paul giving the message for me. i, in my brokenness, nailed Christ to the cross. and so i, also, 'killed the author of life'. that is tough for me to understand. the Christ whom i love, is the Christ whom i killed. but God, in His great mercy, raised Him from the dead. and i am a witness to that fact thru the Holy Spirit.

and so the Author of life who is alive is also the Author of faith. and that faith reigns in me. every thing i do, everything i think, every part of who i am is the way it is because of this Author. He has affected my life, and i will never be the same.

My Blessed Christ, it is good to remember my past, to see how You've transformed my life into who i am today. i am not sure how Paul knew that You were the Author of life, but that truth was deeply alive in him. and i, too, know that You are the Author of life and faith. i want to thank You for living in me, and for allowing me to abide in You. by being my Author, You pave the way for me to travel. and Your road is the best way, i trust that to be true. my faith is grounded in You; my life is firmly established in You. i am nothing without Your breath of life within me. You've awakened me from the dead - i was stillborn and You chose to revive me. for this, i am forever grateful.
in Christ's Name ~ Amen

*Allison *Linda *Herb

just want to give a shout-out to ganns.

0 comments: