Monday, January 31, 2005

That What is Devoted Cannot be Redeemed

But nothing that a man owns and devotes to the Lord -whether man or animal or family land-may be sold or redeemed; everything so devoted is most holy to the Lord.
Lev. 27:28

last night before falling to sleep i opened my Bible to chapter 27 of Leviticus. there are some very 'interesting' teachings in Leviticus. anyway, this one verse caught my attention.

my thoughts jumped to 'once saved always saved' theory. just a thought: when someone devotes himself to the Lord - He becomes most holy and cannot be bought back. now i realze this verse is speaking of possessions, but are our lives not possessions? slaves certainly become possessions.

now i am not sure what i believe about 'once saved, always saved', but i do know that when i devoted myself to the Lord, it was a serious commitment. my life has been changed forever. and Jesus is to blame.

Jesus,
thanks for entering into my life. You've changed me from the inside and out. i don't want to try to redeem myself from You. i know that i am lost in You, and You are found in me. thanks for residing in my inmost being. thanks for making my holy thru Your sanctification. although process is not easy, i am grateful You've chosen me. my love for You is great. thanks for always being faithful.
in Your precious Name, Jesus ~ Amen


*Kathryn *Savannah *Iraq Elections

1 comments:

Denise Hotze said...

just not sure about your thinkings here. i'm trying to figure out how your mind wandered to this thinking from this scripture. but yet again, there are many things i don't understand about the way your head works.